Team Tonkawood is designed for the skier who is looking for a bit more from the Tonkawood Ski School. More time on the hill, more coaching, more fun with friends, and more independence. Team Tonkawood blends instruction, drills, games and racing in a team environment that is fun, challenging and exciting.
Team Tonkawood is designed to bridge the gap between recreational skiing and the more competitive race teams (USSA or High School). We will be using team work, fun, and great coaching to teach kids how to get the most out of skiing in the
Midwest. While team members will have the opportunity to compete in four all day races (four runs each), our focus is less on the competition and more on the skills and attitude that are required to be competitive.
Skiing and racing are hazardous and the safety of the kids and coaches is our number one priority. To keep the program safe the coaches will expect the kids to be able to:
- Follow directions and obey safety rules
- Get on the chair and ride safely without direct adult supervision
- Use the buddy system when not under direct adult supervision
- Wear helmets and goggles while training and racing
Team Tonkawood is focused on teaching children the skills required to race and compete. Kids should have a strong basic turn (braced turn is fine). Ski poles are not required, although most kids will progress to the use of poles relatively quickly. Finally, if the mountain is open we are skiing: team members will learn how to ski in extreme winter conditions (with lots of hot cocoa breaks).
Team Tonkawood has two program options.
- Full Program includes eight weekend training days and seven Wednesday nights for $525 if postmarked by October 15. $600 if postmarked after that date.
- Weekend Program includes eight weekend training days for $400.
Cost includes all instruction and lift tickets for the Tonkawood races and practices. Lift tickets for the three Midwest Race League races are not covered.
Registration is starting now. Download the Registration file and send it in now.